02 1100 STX-DI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 1100 STX-DI

Is there a way to get the codes from the computer other than takeing it to a dealer.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

No
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok, that sure does limit my options. I put a new SBT engine in the two weeks ago and it has been threw the first steps of break-in and now after @ 45min. of up to 90% throttle rideing the check engine warning light came on. The ski runs normaly and does not show any signs of overheating. I will make plans to take it to a dealer to get the computer readings and let you know what it thinks the problem is. I have worked on Tigershark Fict systems and they let you buy the software and test cable from them. Does Kawasaki not let you work on you own ski's?

Comment

it is using the same system as the tigershark but I do not know of anyway to buy software to check the codes yourself.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Dank,
          In the Kawasaki Service Manual under GENERAL INFORMATION: Special Tools, Sealant, they list Communication Cable and KADIAG Software.

Why did you have to get a new engine? How many hours did you have on your old engine?
          What other problems have you had with your 1100 STX D.I.?
          Any Drive System problems?

Comment

The engine lost the rear piston at 100hrs because of the rear crank seal. No other problems other than the wire harness falling down due to the mounts breaking loose from the hull.

Comment

I had the same problem with my wiring.
              What kind of riding do you do?
              How much freshwater or saltwater riding do you do?

Comment

Just saw your posts. My neighbor and I both have '02 STX-DI's. My neighbor lost his EMM @ about the 30 hour mark. I have not had any problems (knock on wood!). We ski in the upper Chesapeake Bay and all waters down to Assateague. I installed the Group-K 5mph kit last spring with great results.
                Sorry to hear about your problems, but it helps us to look for these signs as out hours accumulate.

Comment

I purchased the Kawi DI s/w, cable, and manual for my '01. The dealer said it wasn't available to the consumer and they wouldn't let me order it. [img]graemlins/evild.gif[/img] I ended up getting it from Richard at HP Marine. He's located in FL. It took about a week and a half to my door. The cost was around $47 +shipping. I haven't used it yet, but it looks straight forward. I refuse to pay some dealer $90hr. to diagnose something which I can do with this s/w. It will easily pay for itself in the long run. :D

http://www.hpmarineltd.com/
                  2001 Kawasaki STX1100 DI (w/GroupK Stage 1)<br />1997 Sea-Doo GSX<br />2004 Kawasaki SX-R

Comment

Re: 02 1100 STX-DI

I have had a much too similar problem with my 1999 Kawasaki 1100 STX. The engine lost the middle piston @ ONLY 20 HOURS on the entire engine. This was the factory engine and upon pulling the head, all of the cylinders had some minimal scaring. However, the middle piston and cylinder were the worst. The middle cylinder was incredibly scared and the top side piston of the center piston was cracked off. In addition, the center piston was way too loose inside the cylinder walls. Mechanic told me the engine overheated due to corrosion in the water jackets. I just could not believe something like this could happen to a jet ski after only a mere 20 hours on the enigne. No warning lights, no signs of overheating or other such problems until engine would not crank in the water due to it being under compression with the head on. Engine was washed out correctly after each and every use. This situation leaves me totally puzzled and confused. I just can;t believe Kawasaki can make and sell such a piece of worthless, undependable garbage!!!!!

Comment

Re: 02 1100 STX-DI

The link is very useful if you plan on keeping the boat for a while. I have 150 hours on my DI and never had a problem, even with modding it. But the service manual and cable can be a good investment, if you are out of warrenty. Anything on these things can be fixed with basic machanical skills and the manual and cable cost the same as an hour of labor these days.
                      Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
                      2002-1100STX DI
                      2004-15F
                      2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Working...
                      X