Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing

I have a 92 ts 650. Is there any way to permently [and safely] attach a set of hooks for towing a wakeboarder? I usually hook the rope to the loop around the back of the seat but I have had the seat come off on me. Also,could anyone recommend another impeller that would give more pulling power?

I don't know what to say as far as attachment of a tow hook, but I do hope your wakeboarder is relatively small. Seems like you'll be pushing the motor and pump of that TS to its limits pulling a person (especially if you have to have a spotter too?)

You may want to consider looking for something of bigger horsepower and size if you are serious in pulling someone. Usually if a manufacturer doesn't put a tow hook on a machine, they are telling you something, either its not got the power, or it's not constructed for such use.

Comment

If you do mount one, be sure to reinforce the hull where you bracket the hook to. Be aware that most states require a 3 seater and a spotter on board to tow.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks guys, I wasn't aware of any spotter law,I thought you just had to have mirrors. I will check the state laws.

Comment

I checked the state regs, a spotter is not required,just 2 mirrors. With that in mind,what mods would help? I'm a little short in the cash department and cannot afford another ski.

Comment

Get your impeller repitched by www.impros.com
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If it's still has the stock aluminum impeller, toss it & install a stainless one. Night & day difference! A Skat-Trak 9/17 will work good.

Chester

Comment

Working...
              X