Kawasaki 550 engine swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 550 engine swap.

I have a kawasaki 550 but the engine has gone to pot, a friend of mine has a kawasaki 650 in a broken hull. He has sold all the jet drive electrics etc. What bits do i need to put the 650 engine into my hull. Is it just a case of swapping the engine or what else is involved? Thanks for taking the time to reply. Just could do with sorting the ski out for this eason.

you need to buy a conversion plate for the swap. talk to john zigler on here in the parts place, he had one at one time.
    cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Comment

thanks for the recomendation cameron, sorry though i no longer have a plate for sale. post a "wanted ad on all the boards, i'm sure you'll find one. zig
      please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

you can even install the 650 into the 550 using the 550s electrics. You would need the regulator from the 650 but other than that, you can use the 550 electrics.

An advantage of this method is that you dont have to fabricate mounts for the 650 electrics and you dont have to go with aftermarket coils to remove the rev limiter if you are looking for higher performance.

Let me know if you would like a wiring diagram for this installation.

Comment

oh, and people have had good luck with using the westcoast pipes on this conversion.. Some pipes are very difficult to fit into the 550 hulls.

If you want to use a factory 650 pipe just make sure you have the one that has two rubber couplers on it. There were two different pipes that came stock on the 650SX the one with two rubber couplers works.

Comment

Working...
          X