96 900zxi take off problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 900zxi take off problem

I have a 1996 900zxi that I have had since new and has pretty low hours. Recently I took it out and I was having a problem with it stalling on take off. If I gun it the ski just falls on it's face. After I get up to speed it seems to be running fine. I tried to pull it onto a floating dock but every time I gave it gas it just died, how embarrassing!

The only thing that has been changed on this ski is the ride plate and it ran fine after installing.

Sounds to me like some kind of fuel problem. I have been working on cars for years but have never touched a watercraft. Can someone steer me in the right direction on a diag for this problem?

Take your carbs off and open them up to inspect your needle and seats - I suspect they are grooved and leaking. Testing with a pop-off pressure gauge is preffered.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What is the fix for grooved and leaking needle and seats, replacement?

Comment

Yes - about $20 ea. from your dealer.

Comment

Thank you, I am having a hard time finding a repair manual for this ski.

Comment

We have the Clymer for $40.

Comment

I called 877-330-0231 and they told me it was not available.

Comment

Sorry - I didn't know we were out.

Comment

Time for a new Jet Ski....hahhahah just kidding good to see ya 900 ZXI take care. U should find a answer to ur problems in here, this is a great site.I found answers to all my problems here... Blader!

Comment

I pulled the top cover off so I could look into the carbs and found a VERY clean system. Like I said before, this ski has very low hours. Do you still think I should pull the carbs off and check the needle and seats?

Comment

Looking through the carbs throats tells exactly ZERO.

Comment

OK, I now really need a manual because after taking the top of the air/flame box I have no idea where to go from there. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comment

Read the Carb rebuild guide in the tech section. The Engine install guide shown you how to get everything off. There are also videos on the carbs in the video section.

Comment

Thankyou Technical Support. I also found a break down of parts on http://www.buykawasaki.com which helps a lot since I am a parts guy!

Comment

Working...
                            X