2000 ZXI 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 ZXI 1100

i just installed a rebuilt engine from you guys.. and we have it up and running... my question is this... the front cylinder.. the one towards the front of the ski.. is running almost 40 degrees hotter then the other two cylinders.. is there something i need to check to find out why this cylinder is running so hot?? the front one is running at almost 170 degrees.. while the other two are around 130 degrees.. i used a laser therometer to find the temp... i was just curious as to why this cylinder is so HOT!!!..

That's normal - the stator is there, and they don't receive equal cooling. If you are reading on the hose, it's also reversed.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

took it out to the water today.. and well.. something isnt right.. the front cylinder is running HOT!!! i mean that bad boy is way too HOT.. any suggestions? or could it be possible that it was a bad rebuild? front temp is runnin almost 80 degrees hotter then the other 2 cylinders.. HELP!!!

Comment

It's normal. They aren't supposed to be equal, and you shouldn't be able to hold your hand on it when it's hot.

Comment

okie dokie... ill run it like a scalded dog... if any further problems occur... we got a warranty on it... thankz

Comment

I have the same problem with my 99 1100 ZXI.. I have found that if you rase the front end during back flush it runs cooler, but you will be able to know for sure with your temp gauge. I recomendation is keep the coolant system clean! and break it in slowly... Good luck

Comment

thanks for the tip... ill try that... have it broke in and all seems to be running fine for now... do have another problem that is occuring.. maybe someone can be of assistance... when we pull the ski out of the water and crank it up to flush out the water... the ski wants to rev up real high like im pulling the throttle.. and when i goto kill it by either pulling the lanyard.. or hitting the kill switch.. nothing happens... also tried turning the ignition off.. but it still ran!!! ended up killing it by choking it till it died... any suggestions or ideas???

Comment

ohh .. and when the ski is in the water and you push the kill switch or pull the lanyard.. it shuts off normally... it only occurs while the ski is out of the water.. and we are running it to get all water out of it...

another question i forgot.. there is a two wired silver metal sensor that comes out of the electrical box in the rear.. this sensor seems to have no home.. it looks like a temp sensor maybe.. but i have no clue where it goes.. i purchased the ski used and it never seemed to have a home... anyone have any ideas on that one??

Comment

THat is called glowplugging and it means you have an air leak, or one ore more carbs are very lean on the low end, or you are trying to run the engine with the fuel switch off. It's running so lean that the spark plug(s) are glowing red hot and self-igniting the fuel mixture.

To stop a run away, pull the lanyard. Pump the primer or pull the choke and open the throttle to stop it.

Comment

ok ill try that.... any ideas on that sensor.. its approx. 4" in length with two wires coming out the rear of it... i have no clue where.. or what it is for...

Comment

ok that sounds like it .... where would i need to make sure that sensor is stuck at??

Comment

The sensor is a hull temp sensor...the ignition is advanced when the hull temp is over 95 degrees to compensate for the power loss.

Comment

i have a new question to ask... when starting out on the water the ski wants to bog down at first then takes off.. the throttle response is slow... any suggestions???

Comment

Just to make sure. You need to figure out why you have a lean mixture and not just kill your engine by choking it out. You either have an air leak or a restriction in the fuel system.

Comment

Working...
                            X