fresh rebuild ready for the lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh rebuild ready for the lake

Last fall, I almost sunk my 900 ZXI because of a hole in the hull caused by my trailer. The water went into the carbs but when I got it to shore and back on the trailer I was able to restart it for a just a minute or so. It took me a week to patch the hole before I was able to get it to the lake again. Within an hour, I blew a rod threw the block. Now that I have a rebuilt engine, complete with block off plate, I am ready for the lake again. Should I be concerned about blowing another engine?

I would rebuild your carbs rather than risk that one or more is damaged from the water.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

How do I know if the carbs are in need of rebuilding? Lack of power? As long as the color on the plugs is brownish, I should be ok,right?

Comment

The problem is, that if they do need it, by the time you figure it out by trial and error, you have already damaged the engine. When you are dealing with an unknown ski to begin with, don't assume. Go through the WHOLE things, because there are tons fo little things that create big problems later.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X