carb help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb help needed

Where are the low and high speed mixture screws on carbs on a 1998 Kawasaki 1100 zxi. I looked I can't find them, are they behind some cover or is there an ajustment for the fuel pump? Plugs are dark brown to black, so I'm guessing its to rich.

Re: carb help needed

Kiehin CV carbs are not adjustable.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

A note....... brown/black is not such a bad thing. To get a true reading you need to have a new plug(s) and run it the throttle setting you want to read.

I think you can find some good reading at www.hpt-sport.com, if you want more info.

Comment

What do you suggest to be the reason this thing is running the way it is? I have checked and eliminated everything else except for fuel delivery problems. I just ordered reed valves today since I found out you can not adjust the carbs on this ski, I'm hoping this is the problem it will be a cheap easy fix. I also am wondering if I have maybe an air intake problem, this has an ADA racing head, and they say stock flame arrestor will not work with it, but it has the stock flame arrestor on it.

Comment

Can anybody help me with this last reply?

Comment

How about telling us what the problem is?
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X