Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck throttle on an ultra 150

I swear this thing hates me. I mean she really needs to be . . . *ahem*

Any way, the throttle won't squeeze much at all. I traced it down and played with the valves and somewhat isolated the issue. The cable splits, and one lead goes off by itself towards the head, and the other goes down right next to the choke line. The lines themselves are fine, and I can manipulate the valve by itself, but the valve by the choke just won't turn. It's slightly offset from the stop though. Got a little play in the line.

Any ideas for what I can do, short of pulling the steenking engine?

Re: Stuck throttle on an ultra 150

no ideas?

Comment

They are butterflies, not valves.

The cable goes to the throttle cam and the oil pump. Use a mirror and flashlight to examine the linkages at the oil pump and carb. Remove them, see if it frees up. It may be a bad pump, might be a bad cable end, might be a sticking throttle shaft - you'll have to actually look and see.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Try oiling the cable if its starting to corrode then you may just want to replace it.
        Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
        2002-1100STX DI
        2004-15F
        2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by FastUltra
          Try oiling the cable if its starting to corrode then you may just want to replace it.
          Definately not it. I took it apart, removed the first throttle body. The pin with the valve is jammed or something between the valve and the cable reel. There's no obvious corrosion or anything though, so it's kinda weird. I have no idea what cause it, but my idle adjust screw wouldn't come out either - well, not until I torqued it off. :(

I think I'm just going to need to replace the whole throttle body. Does SBT sell them separate (1999 ultra 150)?

Comment

so if you disconnect the cable you can't open the carb linkage? That is very strange. I have never a CV do that before. Do you ride in salt?
            Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
            2002-1100STX DI
            2004-15F
            2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by FastUltra
              so if you disconnect the cable you can't open the carb linkage? That is very strange. I have never a CV do that before. Do you ride in salt?
              Yes to both. The pin that the flat part of the valve goes through is jammed or something where it passes through the body. I tried to work it loose with WD40 and a wrench, but it's still stuck almost solid.

Comment

Working...
              X