750sx runs then dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750sx runs then dies

its a 92 750sx and my problem is i run the ski at any speed barley moving or full throttle it will bogg out and die. it does this every dam time i take it out. i took off all the hoses i could see and blew through them with compressed air. i took off the pump and assembley and did those hoses as well. it will not die if i leave it on the trailer and run water to it. on mech told me that it dies out because i didnt put the air filter back on. so i put it back on and took it out today and after 5 to 10 min of rideing at all speeds it bogg out to about half revs. it would normally die out comptley but this time it guit to about half rev till let off gas then would die. had stator check, ok.check intake grate, ok. any feed back would help. please excuse my typeing as i know i need work.941 815 0986 phil
    cow girls butts drive me nuts

Re: 750sx runs then dies

Did you pull the carbs and check them or rebuild?

See if it runs better with the choke closed a little this will tell you if it is running too lean.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

i cant close choke because there is none. the carb is off now soaking in cleaner. it is anadized blue with a purple top. i would imageine that it is after market so no choke. thanks for comment. any more help would be appreciated

Comment

dumb question for you: you did disasemble the carb before you soaked it;.... right?
        ride it like you stole it

Comment

As an afterthought, you said you blew through all the lines you could see, Do you have the proper check valve in the return fuel line? If it is missing, that alone could be your problem. That could explain why putting the flame arrester back on would help it run a little better, ( more suction to pull in fuel through the jets). Rob
          ride it like you stole it

Comment

i dont know what the proper check valve is,but i didnt mess with any fuel lines since i bought it. it used to run good,never quit. what does the valve look like?

Comment

and yes the carb is all taken apart while being soaked. i appreciate your help on my problem.

Comment

i could use more help or suggestions on my problem if any body knows or has the answer.

Comment

did nothing happen after you cleaned the carbs? It sounds like a fuel problem to me. Maybe try draining and drying out your gas tank. Also change the fuel filter.

Comment

i am waiting for a day off to put it backk on. i will post results ASAP. thanks for info.:)

Comment

Working...
                    X