Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 odd starting problem

Ok on one of my rentals Kawasaki 750 Xi sport I have an odd problem
    the ski would run fine , then pull up to the beach and pull the lanyard to sit for a while.
    Then put the lanyard in and it turns over fine but no spark, then nothing else but to quickly press the red stop button and release then the start button and it fires right up, I'm used to it but customers forget quickly and flatten the batteries
    give us your thoughts and possible remidies

edit in red
    Last edited by Nick k; 11-28-2004, 02:47 AM. Reason: better info
    be good,
    if you cant be good,
    be carefull
    if you can't be carefull,
    buy a pram

Re: 750 odd starting problem

It sounds like your stop button has a short someplace.

Have you tried to trace it with a volt meter?
    I am new to PWC but... it seams you are not completing the circuit when you use (just) the lanyard, then when you push the stop button it closes the circuit, allowing the spark then waaala customer paying you for fun!
    The power, when running through the circuit may be small but I think it may be enough to keep the bridge closed and the continued spark.

thing is many happy customers = lanyard in and out many times a day= worn-out lanyard switch. :D
    Just a thought.
    DryDock

Comment

y face
      Originally posted by DryDock
      It sounds like your stop button has a short someplace.

Have you tried to trace it with a volt meter?
      I am new to PWC but... it seams you are not completing the circuit when you use (just) the lanyard, then when you push the stop button it closes the circuit, allowing the spark then waaala customer paying you for fun!
      The power, when running through the circuit may be small but I think it may be enough to keep the bridge closed and the continued spark.

thing is many happy customers = lanyard in and out many times a day= worn-out lanyard switch. :D
      Just a thought.
      DryDock
      thanks but if the switch was faulty and not making a circut then the starter would not turn either
      Last edited by Nick k; 11-28-2004, 02:50 AM. Reason: smiley face
      be good,
      if you cant be good,
      be carefull
      if you can't be carefull,
      buy a pram

Comment

Please refer to the "new":o statement.

I wish I could be of more help.
        DryDock

Comment

I'm gonna go with... Your lanyard kill switch is probably worn out. Unless pressing the stop button and your ski starting was just coincidence. Maybe one of your local shops would be nice enough to sell you borrow a working switch to test it out. It never hurts to ask.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

Comment

Working...
          X