Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki jet power install to seadoo sp

Good morning to all friends.

This is the first time that I write ro this forum and I do not know if it is the correct that I should write at.

I own a seadoo sp jetski. My engine "blow" and I found a new Kawasaki jet power 550 one. I want to install it at my jet ski.

Does anyone knows anything about the wiring of that 550 engine ??

Thank you very very much.

Elias
    Athens - Greece

Re: Kawasaki jet power install to seadoo sp

I suspose that it would be possable after all people have converted outboards, car engines and god knows what else to power pwc's. However, in addation to having to have all the wiring and electronics for the 550 motor you will be faced with mounting the engine in the SP hull. That will probably require fiberglass work. Then you will have to figure out how to couple the motor to the pump. And if you get that far you will still have to work on cooling lines and the exhaust system. If you want to use the 550 to try to save money, I don't think that you will save anything. It may even be a more expensive way to go.

INHO, you would be far better off selling the 550 motor and buying the correct remanufactured engine from SBT. If you do that it's going to be a simple engine swap out and you will have a 1 year unconditional warrenty.

Dave
    Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic.

Comment

not to mention, the kawi 550 is rated at 36 hp. the sea doo 580 is rated at 60 hp. thats almost half the loss in hp. you can do it, somehow i'm sure but you would not like the results. and the added load of the bigger hull on the weaker engine would be a death blow for sure.
      cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Comment

I seriously doubt you would get the Sea Doo to come up on plane using a Kawasaki 550 motor in it.

What a totally dumb idea this would be. The 550 will not turn the larger diameter impellor of the Sea Doo fast enough to get it going. FYI, I put a 750 Kawasaki into an old 89 SP back in the day and it barely outran a 580.

Do yourself a favor and find a Sea Doo motor. Sea Doo's are the largest selling watercraft in the world and engines are easy to find if you look for them.
        Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

Thank you to all for your replies.

you would be far better off selling the 550 motor and buying the correct remanufactured engine from SBT

Daveg can you help me ??

To whom should I ask for that type of engine that I need.
          Can you give me an email or a link ??

Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
          X