Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever heard of this happening?

Hull fills up with water;
    I've got a 93 kawi 750 ss xi, everythings's great until I start getting aggressive, you know like tight turns, jumps, just all around horse play. Then the ski will just topple over, at that point the hull is about 1/2 full of water making it very difficult to get back on. Thinking it was the seal on the seat, checked it out seems to be ok. So I would take a ride up and down the river then go back to the dock, check out hull, everythings dry. Then go out and get aggressive for 5 mins. or so, come back to the dock, this time without over tuning the craft, hull is 1/2 full of water. I tied it up to the dock and ran it awhile, and I could not see any leaks, also I could leave ski in water all night and still get no water in the hull, this only happens when I do tricks. Also checked out bottom of hull for cracks, seems ok. Ever heard of this happening?

Re: Ever heard of this happening?

The front air intake will let a lot of water in when you are doing tricks. That hull will let the nose dive deep and fill it up quick. It can be worse if the front hatch seal it leaking also.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thank's dank, I will check that out, meanwhile I purchased a small bilge pump and a thru-hull fitting and will install that.

Comment

Does it leak when your just riding around easy or only when your playing hard? I'm thinking leaking drive shaft seal or maybe a warped drive shaft. More than likly coming in around a hatch seal though. I would think that if it were coming in the air intake in that kind of quanity you'ld get some in the carbs and kill the motor.

Dave
        Any technology, sufficiently advanced, will appear as magic.

Comment

Hey Dave, Thanks for the reply, It seems ok when just cruising around, but when I really work it like a motorcycle, the hull will fill up, it really scared me the first time I saw all that water. I plan to have the unit serviced by a local repair shop here in town, but I have to finish the sea-doo on the tandem trailer first. Do you think I should have the pump rebuilt or just serviced.

Comment

Working...
          X