Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 150 ? Again

Seems we're getting alot of these lately,

anyhow, took mine out Sunday to burn off the stabilized gas from last season, gauge worked fine, had to switch to reserve, but thats besides the point, topped it off yesterday, gauge still blinking empty... this a quick fix or whats the deal?

Re: Ultra 150 ? Again

well if its the first time you filled it up it may have gotten gummed up over winter. Have you tried riding it sence you filled it up? Might just need alittle shake to get it to float back up to the top of the tank.
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Since I filled up I rode it yesterday for a couple hours, some improvement, it goes to 2 bars but I know I still have way more than that, tried some little jumps to shake it loose, I'm hoping what you said is true, hopefully by the next tank or so it loosens up. Is there a way to lubricate or do something to prevent it from gumming up?

Comment

well if you weren't such a loser you'd have a working ski!

Comment

your one to talk, I just read your post about your ski.. slick

Comment

he he he just thought I would drop that in there...... oh yeah get your truck working too!

Comment

Thats the problem to get it out you have to lossen the tank and slide it back and tilt it to get the fuel neck out. If you get it out then yes you could see if it is gummed up or has a hole in it. If it came up, then I don't think it has a hole in it. Try giving it alittle longer. How much gas did you have in there over winter? The less the gas the less the problems. Hope this helps!
              Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
              2002-1100STX DI
              2004-15F
              2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Had just under a half a tank, first time turning on the battery, gauge read correctly, ran it to empty to burn off the old fuel, then next day filled it up and thats when it stopped reading.

Edit: but yea thanx for the help

Comment

Working...
                X