help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me

i purchased 2 96 kawas 1100 zxi from someone. so the spring time came aroun and i fired them up and i noticed 1 had a leak in the hull some where so i found the the main exahsut body was leaking so i removed it and put some jb weld on it noticed that the 1 of the meatal gaskets was starting to crack on the pipe so i reintalled it. brought it to the lake and put them in 1 ran fine the one with the leak did nt wanna run at all hit the gas it would flare and dye right out so i loaded back on the trailer and started it this horrible souns was coming from the exhaust and iw was dripping balck tar like stuff not good so i had taken it to a friend he said it sounded like a jet pump but he inspected and everything was ok there then he listened and said he never heard this noise. but he said check carbs and puleed them off the and fixed them and cleaned them up then reassembld still has this noise any ideas out there

Re: help me

sounds like there is still an exhaust leak, you need to find out how/where the leak is at. Will it run better with the seat off? What part of the exhaust was the bad gasket at? Was it between the 3 into 1 collector and the main chamber? 2 strokes need a sealed and working exhaust to run right or at all for that matter!
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

ok im sure where the 3 into the one goes but my best description is if you take off the top elbow on the engine for the exhaust you have a big gasket and a little one the little one has the crack in the metal should i replace it if so will that explaing where the black stuff is coming from also never tried running it with the seat on out of the water

Comment

yes replace it! Any small leak there will cause the engine to run like crap!
        Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
        2002-1100STX DI
        2004-15F
        2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Working...
        X