Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

had a prob with ski yesterday... was abit of a pain to start and when it did start it had fouled the plugs.
    so took them out and cleand them. and it crank up straight away.
    then went off to go skiing and started it up out of the water then tried to start it in water and was apain to start again.
    pulled plugs again cleaned them and put them back but didnt start well again when it did start it only rev upto 3k as if plugs where fouled again.and would only idle at 500rpm.turned idle up then pulled plugs again only this time i managed to drop one of the plugs and it ended up out of reach under engine and i didnt have a spare set...
    but each time i pulled the plugs the one near the front was dry other 2 wet???
    the ski worked fine a week ago...
    also would it be a prob to leave the stray spark plug in bottom of the hull??
    any help would be appreciated... ...
    o yea the ski is a 150 ultra 01

Re: Help needed

Here what you need to do, Run it on the hose. If it will stay running turn down the idle until it is around 2K rpms. Turn off the hose and kill the engine. Remove one spark plug wire, start it back up, what does it do? Kill it and replace that spark plug wire and remove another. Repeat for each cylinder. Can you do a compression check? Really sounds like you have a fuel problem, but if you do the above two tests we will eliminate internal engine damage, and find out if the problem is located at one cylinder, or if the entire engine is not getting a good mixture.

Have you removed the Flame Arrester? If no after you have done the above tests remove the F/A its easier on the Ultra to just undo the clamps at the front and rear carb then trying to get the bolts out. After removing the F/A you will see 3 plates over the carbs these are the choke butterflies, if you open the choke do they move to the vertical position?
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

I don't think it is a good idea to leave lost plug in the bottom of the hull. Do you really want that thing bouncing around on the bottom of your hull while you ride? In the aircraft buisness, we call it FOD (foreign object damage/debris).

Comment

try and see if you can fish it out with a magnet.
        Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
        2002-1100STX DI
        2004-15F
        2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

thx for the advise guys,will have alook and c if i can sort myself if not will have to take it to the dealer.....:( ....

Comment

decided to book it in with dealer as its due a service..but still cant find the plug with a magnet... ..

Comment

Once you ride it it will fall back to the rear and you can get it then.
              Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

took ski into dealers today and had service and pump bearings done and they looked at the prob i had it with it and it turned out to be aplug failure so didnt cost me that much apart from bearings and service.only put a new set plugs in a couple of weeks ago.
                only thing is they put br8 plugs in instead of br9`s will this make a difference?

also i found stray plug plus a few nuts and bolts when igot it home and had another look for plug...:) ...

Comment

Working...
                X