1997 Kawasaki 1100 STX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Kawasaki 1100 STX

i just took this out today, and it was reading 3/4 full tank of gas...well about an hour later im down to the warning light on and it saying im almost out of gas...could this be possible? i only drove for about an hour and i used that much gas? i was full throttleing it alot, but still...also could it be from having old gas in it and maybe my plugs need changed? any advice at all would be great...

Thanks,
    ROB

Re: 1997 Kawasaki 1100 STX

...also when i first started it i had to give it some gas for it to keep running...i choked it an everything, and i let in warm up for like 20 mins and took my finger off the gas, and it stalled again...then i just gave it gas the whole time i rode it, and when i was done i took my finger off the gas, and it stalled again...i think it is ideling too low, but im not sure...any ideas?

Comment

any1?????????

Comment

You should be idling at 3000 out of the water, which pulls down to about 1500 in the water. The consumption sounds normal.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

according to my service manual my ski idles @1100 rpms in and out of the water

Comment

You are mis-reading or do not have the correct OEM service manual.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The DI ski idles in and out at 1100. I would set the idle like SBT said. There is nothing wrong with idleing it at 1500 or so. Just as long as its not to fast to dock.

You can not adjust the idle on the DI skis.
              Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
              2002-1100STX DI
              2004-15F
              2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

to me the lower the tank the faster it goes. The first 1/4 tank lasts a while, but full throttle is a killer on gas.

Comment

Working...
                X