Stx 12f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stx 12f

My 12F used to out run my 1100 DI without hesataion. Now it cant even keep up. I do all maintance and clean skis inside out. I wax the upper hull every other run, i clean the lower hull and i have installed keel guards on both. One day the 12F just stopped out runing the 1100DI and 3 dealers say there is nothing wrong with it.
    Commperssion was checked, plugs were replaced, oil was changed, cable lubed.

Ideas?

Re: Stx 12f

If your RPMs have not dropped, you have pump damage. Read the tech article on inspecting it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The RPMs were down, it only hits about 7000..
      Were do i find the pump inspection article?
      Last edited by Slosher; 06-08-2005, 03:52 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

I believe a good running 12F is only supposed to do 7000 RPM. Mine runs very well compared to a lot of other skis I ride with and it has only hit 7200 a few times under ideal conditions (i.e. water and air <60 degrees F and very light chop). If yours is noticeably less fast at 7000 RPM than it used to be, you should check for pump damage as someone else has already said. Remember, the owners manual warns that you need 2.5 feet of water to avoid the possibility of sucking up rocks, sand, other debris from the bottom.

Comment

Working...
        X