Ultra 150 flywheel alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 150 flywheel alignment

In the instructions you have to pull the magneto cup off the front flywheel so you can use a puller. Now I did that but it does not say how to align it when you put it back togeather. It does say how to align the crank to the balancer but nothing about the magneto cup. It has like 10 bolts that attach it and it can fit in any position?

I thought I marked it's location but want to make sure before I go any further since my marks are hard to see and there are no factory marks

This is how it is aligned now:

When #1 piston is at TDC the small pickup on the outside of the rotor it pointing straight up?
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Re: Ultra 150 flywheel alignment

Found it in a old post

You have the magneto cup mis aligned on the flywheel. The little Mitsubishi triangle symbol needs to align with the marks of the gears and the flywheel key.

Comment

I took the engie back out of the hull and removed the front cover. I switched the cup to align the mitu symbol with the alinment dot and put everything back togeater but I still am not timed corectly. I have spark and fuel but still no go. I guess I need to get a new exhaust gasket since I put the exhaust on this time?

I could not see the flywheel key with the bolt on the end. Does anyone have a 1200 flywheel they could look at and see if the keyway is in alignment with the dot on the gear?

Help please....
      Dan

Comment

The gasget will be fine, as long as it is not tor, or bent. I'm not really sure what you are asking. As long as the key was installed on the crank and the magneto/flywheel was installed with the key the timing should be right. The only alignment you need to set is the front balancer to align with its drive gear. There should be a dot on both, and line them up. But that has nothing to do with spark timing.
        Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
        2002-1100STX DI
        2004-15F
        2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Ok I think I figured it out. The key is not aligned to the dot on the flywheel. The dot on the flywheel is to align the front balancer.
          Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
          2002-1100STX DI
          2004-15F
          2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

OK, I thought something was wrong.

This is what I think is the correct procedure now:

Install the front crank gear then you aling the balancer with the dots then before you put the crank bolt in you align the mitu symbol with the keyway then tighten down the front crank bolt then the 10 rotor screws. Put the cover on add oil and done?

Comment

I sure think so.
              Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
              2002-1100STX DI
              2004-15F
              2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Got it!!!! After pulling the engine 3 times the above procedure worked for timeing the rotor cup on the flywheel properly.

I looked at a Kawasaki manual and it doesn't even say anything about it or how to time it.

Comment

Yes it does, very clearly.
                  SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                  We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                  Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What page of the 00' Ultra 150 manual does it show how to align the rotor cup on the flywheel? I read it two or three times but it just says " install rotor cup"

Comment

7-8 and 7-10.
                      Attached Files
                      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Well there you go.. I guess I looked over it again and again.

Must be the 100 deg. weather we have.

Comment

dank, did you get everything running good?
                          Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
                          2002-1100STX DI
                          2004-15F
                          2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Working...
                          X