So my ultra has ANOTHER problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my ultra has ANOTHER problem

The coolant plug came out, and she overheated at full throttle. I didn't notice until the engine cut back. I immediately killed it, pulled the seat, and had her pulled to shore.

The first couple of times I tried to start her, she wouldn't catch. Cranked the starter for a good while (no water in the cylinders though). After a while, I got her to start and run reliably. I put her on the hose, and ran her for a while. She idles around 3300, pretty rough, and water comes out the exhaust port. There's no obvious damage visible in the engine bay. I'm thinking busted head gasket, all internal. Any suggestions or help before I pull her apart?

Re: So my ultra has ANOTHER problem

How do the plugs look? Do a compression check. Probably ok.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Re: So my ultra has ANOTHER problem

after that, get a service manual and check the input and output voltages ti and from the throttle position sensor, this may cause your idle problems. if thats good, check to see if you have a leak around the throttle body where it mounts to your intake.:emoticonc :emoticonc

Comment

Working...
      X