JS 440 Jetting Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS 440 Jetting Issue?

Ok, here is what I got. I purchased a completely stock JS 440 last year from a friend, runs great no problems at all, when I purchased it, it had a Ocean Pro Flame Arrestor on it that was another one of my friends who was allowing me to borrow it till his ski was put back together. After I gave his back, I put the stock one back on, but I didnt put in the actual flame arrestor piece the plate, it ran fine no issues, but Im wondering if this is a bad idea, I do plan on getting an aftermarket as soon as possible. But my main question is I installed a Kerker Aftermarket Exhaust and since have been having problems keeping it running, after I installed it I ran the ski a few times and had a friend slightly rejet it, then ran it about 2 hours and it ran fine until I started screwing around, it loaded up and died. Fouled out the plugs, so without being very smart, I put in new plugs and we leaned out the ski, well after that its been all down hill. We have been unable to get it tuned back in. (Had to be towed in 5 times that day after that) It runs fine on top end and plugs look fine, but it is running really wierd on low end. Honestly I dont know if its lean or rich, I thought it was rich at first and started to lean it out, which at first helped, but still wasnt perfect so I kept playing until it seemed to get worse again. At that point I decided to try to start over, I took the High End Screw and adjusted it all the way in, and then turned it out 3/4's of a turn according to spec. I know that this is original spec but it was worth a try. After I did this I found it was still kinda hard to start but not as horrible as before. Also it did seem to load up again. I'm looking for any suggestions. If I had the ski running, and played with that jet is there a point I could hear in the engine that it was running the highest and then back it down an 1/8th turn or any type of trick like that. After I first installed the pipe it ran great, and starting was not an issue, right now to start I have to start with no throttle on, then when it gets running I need to keep it choked and let it warm up and then I have to feather the throttle, if I give it too much it wants to die, it never did this before, before I could choke it start it, turn off the choke and instantly give it throttle if I wanted to, now once it idles down you can not give it throttle unless you feather it up first. Any suggestions would be great.
Working...
X