Oil Pump Ultra 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pump Ultra 150

The previous owner cut the cable that operates the oil pump. I was wondering what ratio of oil is reaching the engine with the cable cut. Also is the port to the crankcase affected by the valve in the oil pump or is it 100 percent all the time?
    Thanks

Re: Oil Pump Ultra 150

If the cable is cut and the wheel has hit the lock then it is getting 100% flow all the time.

I think you are meaning the amount of flow through the front and rear counter balancers. They get half flow and yes they are affected by the valve. If you notice on the top of the oil pump there is 5 hoses, 4 are half flow, and one is full flow. The 1 goes to the middle cylinder. 1 of the 5 goes to the front clyinder and then another to the front balancer and the oil from the front balancer bleeds over into the front case. This is also true for the rear cylinder. Thats why switching to premix is so hard on the 1200. Why did the other owner cut the oil pump cable?
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Re: Oil Pump Ultra 150

I assume it was his high tech answer to disabling the oil pump on the advice of some shop in Miami. There was no oil in the system and he claimed he had been running 3 ounces of oil to a gallon of gas for 2 years. Once I saw more than 3 lines I realized that this might be a bad idea. Could that engine survive on premix alone? If he isnt a lying liar I guess it has but I like the informed opinion. I currently have 2.5 ounce a gallon premix and oil in the tank and noticed excessive smoke. I thought the oil pump was off in that position. But now I know. What position is minimum output on that pump wheel? And what is the minimum output? Also I assume that when the pump wheel is against the other stop it is 100 percent? Untill I get a cable, how long do you think it will take that system to prime again? Thanks again Paul.

C

Comment

Working...
      X