This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 STX 1100 DI - SBT engine- Help!

I had a dealership install a SBT engine into my STX 1100 DI. They put oil in the gas and the thing has been hesitating. The dealership said that the hesitation will stop after the oil is out of the gas. I'm on my 7th fresh gas tank and still the same problem. It idles very well but when I open up the throttle is starts to cut out and the engine light comes on. When I let off the throttle the light goes out but hesitation is still there. I changed the plugs today but still the same problem. Any suggestions? Please help!

Thanks!

Re: 01 STX 1100 DI - SBT engine- Help!

Have the dealer run a diagnostic scan on it, sounds like a lose connection to a sensor, or a bad sensor. If they installed the engine, make them run the diagnostic free (its doesn't cost them anything anyway, and only takes 5 minutes)
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

I replied to your first post. Do not post multiple times for the same question. Closed.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I doubt it has anything to do with the motor, those DI's are pretty finnicky to start with. Sounds like a Ultra 130 i did, it was the TPS sensor.

Comment

The TPS Sensor was fine before the engine went out. Around how much $ do the TPS sensors go for and can I easily replace it without needing to tap into the EMM for programming?

Thanks for you help and sorry for the multiple listings.

Comment

Working...
          X