couple q's from newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple q's from newb

Just bought a '95 zxi 900 a couple of weeks ago. This is the first ski Ive ever owned. It has plenty enough power but Im having a couple of problems.

First, it's porpoising way too much. I was following my wife's uncle in his boat on Summersville Lake (in WVa) and I couldnt keep up. He said he was only running about 40mph. I was bouncing around so much that I had to slow down to about 20mph. All the other skis out there were just cutting through all the chop. What do I need to lower the chances of porpoising?

Second, it seems to be loading up. After coming through the no wake zone, it loads up so bad that it takes me about 45 seconds to get on plane. It smokes more than usual when this happens too. Should I just take it to the dealer and have him try to tune the carbs or is there something I can do myself? Im mechanically inclined to do it, just never messed with skis before.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Re: couple q's from newb

bump

Comment

Get an aftermarket ride plate and sponsons to cut down on the porpoising. If you're going to attempt tuning the carbs, I'd get the service manual.

Comment

check the trim, perhaps it has been left in the fully up position.

Comment

Trim works but doesnt really seem to matter where it's at (up or down).

Comment

Working...
          X