Oil/water slick in hull after riding question: STS 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil/water slick in hull after riding question: STS 750

Where would I be taking on water/oil mixture in my hull? I mix my fuel so it the oil injector and tank are ruled out. Could it be the case dump or carbs?

It seems to show up after riding. Thank in advance for any ideas.

-t
    It's not high performance unless it's cryo-treated!
    ltzcryo.com cryomotorsports.com

Re: Oil/water slick in hull after riding question: STS 750

Could be the carbs. Check your fuel tank is ok-I have a seadoo XP (not sure what you have) and i noticed that i had petrol in my hull after riding.....the top of the petrol tank (where the fuel filler hose attaches) was cracked as the clamp was too tight and it obviously failed over time. You don't want fuel to be casually hangin around your hull. It could cause a fire. The colour of the liquid in mine was a milky white colour if that helps (there was probably a bit of RP7/WD40 in there as well from cleaning/storing.

Comment

Thanks Ozzie, this isnt fuel im certain. It's almost like a derivative of used two cycle. I'm really thinkin it's the case dump, but the ski runs fine..Or it may be, as you mentioned the carbs, which I need to remove anyways to install the primer kit. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,
      t
      It's not high performance unless it's cryo-treated!
      ltzcryo.com cryomotorsports.com

Comment

A leaking exhaust pipe or joint would cause oil and water to be inside the hull
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X