What Symptoms Will a faulty fuel breather check valve cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Symptoms Will a faulty fuel breather check valve cause

I have been having trouble with my ski not running in the water past half throttle. A friend told me to check the check valve that goes to the water seperator. I was able to blow through it both ways and the tank would not hold pressure. I took off the valve off and pressure tested the rest of the fuel systemt to 3psi and the rest of the fuel system held pressure fine. In a watercraft how does the fuel tank pressure affect the rest of the fuel delivery. Should the take be pressurissed? I bought a regular vacuum check valve from kragen. This should work right. It will allow air into the tank but not out. Thanks for you help. I am trying to get this problem figured out before I go to the lake this weekend. I was hoping this could be causeing the stumbling problem I am having. Its no fun riding a x2 that wont even get going enough to get you on plane

Re: What Symptoms Will a faulty fuel breather check valve cause

I think you answered your own question. You rode the X2 with the faulty check valve, it will act just as it did. It keeps pressure in the fuel system to help with fuel delivery.

Comment

So that does sound like a problem that would be typical of a faulty check valve. I apprecciate the help. I am used to gravity feed systems on my banshee and I am new to jet skis in general. They are great when the run, but drive you crazy when they dont

Comment

I would think the valve would fix it. As long as there is nothing leaking other places....
        Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
        2002-1100STX DI
        2004-15F
        2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Hi,

I am having the same problem with an X-2. I found out that a reed valve was broken and I think that was casuing my problem.
          Did changing the check valve solve your problem? I am skeptical that it would since the fuel pump should draw more fuel than it needs and returns the extra back to the tank. In this case extra pressure in the tank is all relative.

Comment

Working...
          X