new jetski owner couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new jetski owner couple questions

Hi, this is my first post I was looking for info on my jetski and came across this site so I joined.I recently bought a 1990 kawasaki x2, I wasn't planning on buying a jetski but the person selling it was moving and wanted to get rid of it.So I bought it for $200.00.It hasn't been used for 6 years.I recharged the battery and it starts up and runs.The problem is that it only stays running about half the time even if i'm giving it gas it dies out.And it dousn't idle for more than a few seconds before it stalls.I'm thinking it's probably the carburator.Dous anyone know a website where I can buy a rebuild kit for the carb?Also the owners manual says you only have to use a premix gas when it's new during the breakin period and then you can use regular gas.I wanted to double check with yuo guy's on that to see if it's right.Any help would be great.

Re: new jetski owner couple questions

You will have to remove the carb and completly go through it. After 6 yrs of sitting it will need to be rebuilt for sure. The 90 x-2 has an oil pump . i would check your oil lines for sure. 15 yr old plastic lines tend to deterioate and get brittle. I would recommend going to premix on that ski.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
    X