Blown up motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown up motor

Well after rebuilding my ski for the 3rd time I had it out on the water and it was running great. I put about 6 hours on it and then the ski lost power, like a lack of fuel, and died. Having had this problem before I removed the head to see which piston had seized. It was the front one again.

I have a new SBT cylinder block bored .20 over. I have a 31cc aluminum head, TDR water box, and 98CV carbs. I run pre-mix and removed the oil pump 50:1

The water lines are all new and were not blocked. The CV carbs have an adjustable venturi that , as you tighten the allen key, send the cone into the throat of the carb to lean or richen my intake. Out of the water my engine was running cool, all 3 cylinders. I had no prolems with it the first 2 days, but the third day after maybee 2 hours is when it blew up.

I am at wits end with this ski and would appreciate any direction in why the motor could be blowing up. I have cleaned the carbs and the screens are not clogged. The only thing I could possily think is that there are two pulse outlets on my motor. I was told to connect only one to my carbs and lock the other. Is that causing a problem with delivering fuel as maybee there is not enough pulse to run my carbs.

Any help would be appreciated:emoticont

Re: Blown up motor

What did that front sparkplug look like? Sounds like your running lean.

Comment

Re: Blown up motor

Attatch pictures, no one can guess what happened without seeing something. There is plenty of pulse from a single fitting.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X