No announcement yet.

Stand Up in Ocean/Rough Water? Do you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand Up in Ocean/Rough Water? Do you??

Does anyone ride a Stand Up Jet Ski in the rougher salt water. Not completely rough, but way more than a lake or pond. Just asking since I live near the ocean where the water gets a bit rough on occation.

Just Curious. Anyone care to share their experience?

Re: Stand Up in Ocean/Rough Water? Do you??

Sure! you can get some AWESOME air out there on a Stand-up. Make sure you have at least ONE bilge installed and working properly and that everything in your boat is tight and well greased. After riding, flush it out well then wash the hull inside and out with clean fresh water. WD-40 anything that moves, and silicone spray over the entire engine. I usually drop my ski in a lake after ocean riding just to make sure all salt is well cleared out
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

You are right. The air will be INSANE!

I actually have rode a newer model probably in 1994 or so when it was brand new. The owner submerged the thing like it was out of this world.

I sure hope this ski kicks over and runs for me. If not, I'll probably be waiting off and buying a Sit down.

Comment

Oh, it's you Frank :emoticonc. I am sure she will kick just fine. The 650's though are going to be kinda gutless in the surf, they won't have much power to climb the big waves. But hey, it's better than my 550!!!
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I had a friend who had a 550 and he seemed to put around ok out here.

I guess if this thing starts and I can get it running and working for super cheap, I will be happy however it performs in the rough. If I go out earlier in the mornings, or later in the evenings, it is like glass out there. Some days it is also calm so I should have a blast:)

I may be getting ahead of myself with the stand up. I actually ride my bro's SeaDoo XP all the time so I still get to go out. I just figure a little stand up will be super fun to toy with :)

Comment

I have an 86 550 stock. lots of fun in the surf. can get scary air. hurts some time. Riding this same ski for about 8 years. only big proublem was old carb and replaced bearings in the pump. Flush it good. add bilge pump is a good idea, also helps to clean it out.

Comment

what does a bilge pump do?

I have one on my superjet but I disconnected it.....since I ride lakes

Comment

THe bilge pump clears water from your bilge. If you are riding in a heavy water enviroment, where your nose or ski gets submerged, then it will takwe on water. The bilge will pump out most of the water in your hull, saving your craft from a guaranteed hyrolock or worse.

I run my bilge even in the lake. It let's me know if I have a cooling leak as well as a nice little insurance policy inside my ski.
                Dan Solie -
                94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

I run my bilge..for sure..!! lol ...

Comment

Working...
                  X