650sx need gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 650sx need gas

I just bought 89 650SX + trailer for $500.00. When I test it out, just 1 click and it start. I try several time and everytime, it start without hesitant. The engine seem run strong +++++. I took it home everything was fine until I attach the water hose to the flush system and and it won't start again. I took apart the carburator, fuel pump and clean inside out. It still won't start until I spray Carb. cleaner and it start and die when the cleaner iis out. What would be the symtom? I'm very familar with Yamaha but Kawasaki had zero knowledge.
    Thanks,

95 Raider 1100
    98 GP1200
    89 650SX
    New Raider
    98 GP1200 (Stock)
    95 Wave Raider 1100 (Stock)
    89 650 SX (Stock)

Re: 650sx need gas

Maybe the fuel selector is off or clogged up, For the age there could be some trash in the tank that has gotten in the fuel system., Also diaphram could be week.

Comment

bad fuel pump or it could be a cloged fuel filter (whitch is in the tank). and cheak all the fuel lines.

Comment

wow.. when i opened this thread i thought i was gonna read something about how it needed gas b/c you couldn't afford it b/c it cost $3.00 a gallon.:emoticonl:emoticond

Comment

Originally posted by newraider
          I took it home everything was fine until I attach the water hose to the flush system and and it won't start again.
          When you tested it the first time was water connected?

If you tested it and then moved it, its possible that there may have been a layer of goobers in your fuel tank laying flat on the bottom and not getting sucked up. If you then moved the ski the fuel sloshes about rigorously in transit, the goobers are now mobile and get sucked up by the filters and get clogged. Just another scenario.

Did you start the engine first and then turn on the water or the water first and then the engine. The latter is a no-no.

Like the previous poster said start your investigation at the tank and work your way back through the entire circuit. One piece of snot can mess up the flow at any choke point.

Comment

Here's the scoop, I have the same model and when I got mine, It was in need of "help" if thats the word. Take the fuel tank out and clean it out completely, Toss the oil tank and pre-mix your fuel, Take your pulse fuel pump apart and clean all the inner workings and make sure all lines go where they should go. These jetski's are very simple and will be tons of fun only if kept clean and maintained. After those issues were corrected, I never had an issue yet and have put short of 25 hours so far "trouble free"

Comment

Working...
            X