zxi generator cover removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxi generator cover removal?

I need to pull the generator cover and was wondering if it can be pulled without removing the motor. It looks really tight to get at the bottom bolts. Anyone have experience with this?

Call me crazy, but I'm converting from pre mix oil to injection. Went to install the pump and apparently a "damper" that goes between the crank and the pump has been removed so I have to pull the generator cover to reinstall. Starting to regret going down the path I chose!

Re: zxi generator cover removal?

if tke oil pump ever fails you will wish you would have stayed with pre mix

why are you even thinking of reinstall a oil pump ?? just asking to see if may be I missed something:emoticonl :emoticonb

Comment

Premixing is just too much hassle for me. I've heard the warnings. I'll stay on top of maintenance and take my chances, thank you. I don't race, and we can spend all weekend riding, consuming lots of gas, and making premixing a pain for me and the family.

But that aside, I did have a question. Anyone taken this cover off in the boat?

Comment

I was just wondering if I was missing some thing ? I think you would be better off with out the oil pump but it is your ski, I (myself) just like too know that if the ski is running it is getting oil (that is unless you don't mix it ) I think the pump was a great invention for people how have the money to replace there motor over a 100.00 dollar pump going bad I don't think that most people realize the amount of time or money it takes to replace a motor in these things I don't blame you for wanting to go back with the pomp my family runs my ski and it is a pain to mix the fuel but I do it at the time I fill up the cans and the tank , so I dont blame you for thinking about going back with the pump ! but it is the first time that I have had some one put a oil pump back on just because they don't like to mix there oil and gas
        BUT IT IS YOUR SKI AND YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU LIKE ?? i JUST DON'T THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEAL BUT IF YOU NEED A OIL TANK LET ME KNOW I HAVE ONE AND ALSO I THINK YOU CAN GET THE COVE OFF WITH OUT REMOVEING THE MOTOR BUT IT IS TIGHT YOU MAY NEED TO CUSTOM BENED A WRENCH TO GET TO THE BOTTOM BOLTS THANK YOU MIKE
        AND I DON'T ME TO GET IN YOUR BUSINESS I JUST DON'T GET WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM :emoticonc

Comment

Wow. why would someone go back to oil injection.Makes no sense to me.How hard could it be to mix fuel. It may take 2 more minutes. Especially on Kawasakis. They have the highest oil injection related failure rates. I guess its good for SBT though. They sell more motors that way. You can get on the bolt with a small modified 10mm open end wrench.

Comment

Not that I need to explain, but here's the deal -
            My place is on a lake that has gas right on it. If I were using cans or always trailering, it prolly wouldn't be such a big deal. But to bring oil around in the ski, and topping off not sure until the gas is in how much oil I need, it has just been too much hassle. I tried it for a while, and it was important enough to me that I was willing to fork out the money for the tank and a new pump.

So, on top of the hassle, that fact is I have a '96 Sea Doo XP, a '97 115hp Johnson outboard, a '98 Yamaha Blaster, and numerous (currently 3 newer) Ski-Doo snowmobiles - all with oil injection. I have put thousands and thousands of miles on these with nary a problem with the oil injection. Matter of fact, I'd have to say that the Mikuni oil injection pump is probably the most reliable mechanical component around. Maybe I'm missing a vital difference between personal watercraft impact on the oil injection, I do see some folks in the ATV ranks converting to premix, but never snowmobile or outboard motors. What whats the big deal? I don't race, I ride recreationally, and that means for hours at a time. I'd rather ride than swill gas and oil. And the danger, based on my personal experience, doesn't seem that great.:emoticont

OK, I gotta go find me a piece of wood to knock on, QUICKLY! :emoticonc

Comment

well o.k I can see where you are coming from I just like to make sure you know what can happen good luck and you need to find some wood fast good luck mike:emoticonl :emoticonb

Comment

Working...
              X