jet pump 94 ss xi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet pump 94 ss xi

does anyone know of a good rebuild kit or place to find 1. thank you!

you have much to learn yet grasshopper

Re: jet pump 94 ss xi

What parts are you looking for?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I think this is the right one for me? didnt realize ya all had these kits here. mine is a 94 750 ss xi. what else will I need for the job? just baught it today and they said the jet pump was bad so im hopeing this is what they mean.
      http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=72

Comment

Well, those are the bearings seals and o-rings - what else you need no one can guess. You need to pull the pump and take a look. Tech articles, pump inspection.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thank you very much. its awesome ya all are here to help us noobs out lol!

Comment

The most common problem on a 10+ year old ski can be a locked up pump, it will not turn because the prop is rubbing against the stainless liner. This happens because corrosion gets between the aluminum case and the stainless liner, which is very thin, and buckles the liner. The prop hits the buckled areas and will not turn. Look closely at your liner or feel with your fingers for any bumps. If you can feel bumps the liner is toasted.

If your liner is bad you will need a rebuilt housing which will have a new liner. Basically you send in your old core and about $200 and you get back a reconditioned housing. Then you will need the bearing and seal kit which has to be installed. If your prop is good you can re use it. If prop is worn you will need to replace that as well. A reconditioned housing and prop should have a very tight clearance between the blades and housing for top performance. Kawasaki spec is 8 to 10 thousandths measured with a feeler gauge. Wear limit is 24 thousandths. In other words, if the gap between the blades and liner is as big as your spark plug gap your pump is out of spec.
            *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
            Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

I see SBT has Yamaha housings but not Kawasaki. Here is a link for Kawasaki housings. I thought I remembered them being $200 but looks like they are $299. The Yamah housing is less because Yamaha makes the pump in parts so you can replace just the impellor housing which has the liner. With the Kawasaki the stator, bearing housing and impellor housing are all one piece.

http://www.atlanticjetsport.com/jet_...onditioned.htm
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
              Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

Working...
              X