92 650 sx no go pls help i never even got to drive yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 650 sx no go pls help i never even got to drive yet

last night my ski wouldnt run it would start and idle but as sonn as you gave it gas it dies out so i work on it all night and discover a hole in the pipe leading to the filler cap from the tank and then this

ok heres what happend today found a chain that ataches to the gas cap, it was jamed in the rubber hose conecting the filler cap to the tank so i took that out then bought new BR6ES NGK plugs and added a lil gas to the cylinders, i cleaned out the carb with carb cleaner got all the lil nooks a crannies put it all back together, i also added a new check valve ( primer ball rubber thingy), all the hoses are in the right spot the gas is on, i hit the start button give it full throttle and bang a big sparck shoots out of the rubber that clamps the exhaust together then i look down and notice that bubbles are comming out of the head bolts so i toque them down to notice that most of them where hand tight, i check the compression and its good but it rolls over easy or seems to be faster when i hit the button so now the battery is dead and i dont think it will start any ideas

Re: 92 650 sx no go pls help i never even got to drive yet

And you win the prize for the longest run-on sentance.:emoticonn

My advice is to take it to a shop before you blow yourself up. You have the wrong plugs, obviously aren't checking over the basics of the ski before trying to run it, need a rebuild kit for the carb, shouldn't have a primer ball anywhere - and who knows what else. Let a pro take a look, no one can guess what else is wrong with that thing over the internet if you don't know yourself.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thanks for the advice but i only paid 600 bucks for it so im not gonna spend 60/hr on labour. every shop i go to ask me about the primer ball too and yes its supposed to be there according to them. I have worked on 2 strokes for a number af years but this is my first jetski so im not really sure whats going on in there. as for the plugs BR7Es is what it came with and i tried a 6 cause its hotter and i thought it might help with the flooding prob that i had

Comment

Look I don't mean to be rude, but installing a hotter plug (that will just melt down your pistons) to cure a flooding problem is like saying you changed your windshield wipers to cure a flat tire.

Rebuild your carb as a first step - other than that, $60/hr is CHEAP and you should jump on it.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Right on Dude
          Originally posted by Technical Support
          And you win the prize for the longest run-on sentance.:emoticonn

My advice is to take it to a shop before you blow yourself up. You have the wrong plugs, obviously aren't checking over the basics of the ski before trying to run it, need a rebuild kit for the carb, shouldn't have a primer ball anywhere - and who knows what else. Let a pro take a look, no one can guess what else is wrong with that thing over the internet if you don't know yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X