Kawasaki Ultra 150 Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki Ultra 150 Display

I have a buddy with a 2000 Ultra 150 and his display works but the hour meter quit counting. What would cause this and what part needs to be replaced? Does the whole display keep track of the hours? or is it done in the CDI?

Re: Kawasaki Ultra 150 Display

the display itself does. Does the tach work? It just counts the hours it is getting a signal from the CDI. If the tach is working they the display is broke inside. I have never heard of one just losing one feature. They usually either work or don't work
    Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
    2002-1100STX DI
    2004-15F
    2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

He didn't say anything about the tach but I will ask him about that. So if he buys a used display off ebay from a boat with more 110 hours on it will this 110 hours show up on the display then and not his original 46 hours? How hard are they to change out?

Thanks

Comment

They are not hard to change, you just open up the top and plug it in. Yes a used display carries over it's hours - I have never heard of the hour meter and not the rest going either.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If you do change the display take good pictures of both the displays. That way if he sells it he has proff that the craft has less hours then the display says. And I would also keep the old one around until you sell it.
          Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
          2002-1100STX DI
          2004-15F
          2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

yeah, i had my display changed at 15 hours with a new one... so now it shows 15 hours less then what's actually on it.

Comment

Working...
            X