Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing up Engine

Hey Tech,

I'm getting ready to pack up my Kawi 1200 engine core to send of and since I am sending core first I don't have your preformed shipping box. What is the best thing for me to put in the box to keep this engine safe and keep it from destroying the box? I thought about doing a poor man's version of your foam setup with a can or 2 of that "Great Stuff" canned expanding foam. (of course with plenty of plastic in the box to keep it off of the engine). What have people used successfully in the past when doing their own packaging? How do you answer these posts so fast? Do you have some type of electrical charge that jolts you everytime someone posts? Thanks for the great and timely support you always provide? Do you have time to do anything else besides answering posts from numbskulls like me?

Thanks,
    Bobby C.
    2002 1200 STX-R (Running Great with New SBT Engine) :D

Re: Packing up Engine

Happy to help - and this time of year - nope, no more time ;)

I wold go to U-Haul, get a large heavy duty box, or use a large rubbermaid type bin - put the engine in a garbage bag, and use a couple cans of the expanding foam to make pillows for the block. A lot of large packing styrafoam also works. Taking it to any Mail Boxes, etc. is also an easy way, but they will charge you more for the materials.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X