2000 STX DI nothing under 2500 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 STX DI nothing under 2500 RPM

I have just had the engine rebuilt; it was running perfectly up until the failure caused by the oil injection cable falling off the mount.

My problem now is that the engine will run at higher RPM, will not start without fuel sprayed into the throttle body. It let it down below 2500 and it will stall. I believe we checked everything without the KADIAG. I have the service manual, the KADIAG and the cable, can't get the Software to talk to this boat or another of the exact same model. The KADIAG is version 1.3 both boats are 2000 stx DI.
    Any help in either case is appreciated.

Re: 2000 STX DI nothing under 2500 RPM

See a dealer.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

It is at a non-dealer shop now, who I am working with and he was able to get the KADIAG and the Software from a dealer he works with. The dealer is reluctant to take it in, (3 weeks before they will look at it.) I was hoping to hear some Ideas from wealth of experience in this forum.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no advice to give - you can't do anything without the dealer computer, and the knowledge of how to use it.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

There isn't much advise I can give you. The only things I can think that might help is: Is the check engine Light on? Does it run better on the hose then in the water?
          Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
          2002-1100STX DI
          2004-15F
          2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Thanks. This is with no lights on and not on the hose. The dashboard display is all normal. It completes the self-test at power on and then looks normal. No warning lights come on when trying to start it or after running it at higher RPM for a couple of seconds.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X