Ultra 150 Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 150 Starter

I just installed a new SBT motor in by ski and took it out for it's 1st half hour break in ride. Started OK and ran fine. Stopped it for a 1/2 hour and went to start it but it would not start. All I could hear was a click when I hit the start button. Even though the manual said the engine had to be removed to replave the starter I was able to remove it with it in the ski. Tested the starter and it was in fact bad. (Took it apart and a bunch of pieces came out ) When I removed the starter some oil came out. When I install the starter how am I going to get the oil back to the correct level ?? The manual says look at the site glass but with the engine in I really can't see it. Since the oil pump has a line going to that chamber won't it fill it back up ?? I filled it with 200Ml when I had the engine out ...

Re: Ultra 150 Starter

You'll just have to guess how much came out. There needs to be the proper level bath in there to feed the front bearings. If you can't see the window, get a mirror.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Ultra 150 Starter

I've just always put 200ml back in. I've never had a problem doing that...
      Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
      2002-1100STX DI
      2004-15F
      2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

Working...
      X