Raising Compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising Compression

Hi i have a 96 kawasaki 750 sts and commpression is low how do i raise it to normal please help:emoticonc

Re: Raising Compression

You rebuild the engine and repair whatever damage is CAUSING the low compression.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

is there a certain type of fuel pump i need or what

Comment

No offense, but you need to take it to a shop to be fixed.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Heres the situation have 96 kawasaki 750 sts jet skis one is bogging down i checked the compression on the one that is bogging down and it is off by 30 psi not sure if that is a problem or not....the one that is bogging down i took out and it ran good for about a couple of min then slowed down and when you gave it gas it would die then start up and do the same thing every few seconds got it back to the dock and it wouldn't start up so when i got home i checked fuel filters in gas tank and they were fine but i couldn't get tank out is there a trick to that or not...anyway i was going to rebuild carbs and replace fuel pump but didn't know if had to buy carb kit and fuel pump seperate or what im not that great of a mechanic i know some but not about the skis also here talk of premix into carbs is that just gas and oil poured into carbs or something you buy and when to put in there but just trying to eliminate the cause of my problem with bogging down ski sorry i didn't clearify earlier, and is there a fuel filter in the carbs or not have 2 carbs. would appreciate any help you have thanks Michael

Comment

if your compression is down by 30 psi, you're due for a rebuild some time or other, sooner better then later. There is a fuel filter in the carb yes, but most likely the compression is doing you in. Take it to a shop, and get it fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X