Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 150 problem

solved
    Last edited by Dan99XPL; 10-08-2005, 07:11 PM.

Re: Ultra 150 problem

solved
    Last edited by Dan99XPL; 10-08-2005, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Re: Ultra 150 problem

YES! with the lines empty, there will be no oil to the engine until they fill. The way i used-to do this on my ZXI was to premix the gas in the tank @50:1, then let the ski sit in the sun for 20 min. or so to build some pressure in the gas tank. Then, with the fuel OFF, disconnect the fuel line at the fuel pump and put the end of it in a glass jar. Turn the gas on slowly, and as soon as the gas going into the jar is the color of the premixed gas, turn the fuel back OFF and reconnect the gas line. Now there's premixed gas as far as the carbs, but they likely still have some unmixed gas in them. I'd remove the flame arrestor and pour about an ounce of oil in each carb. throat and then start the engine and let it idle. Then, hold the oil pump wide open to speed-up filling the lines. Once they're all full, you should be good to go.

Of course i think it goes without saying that the ski needs to be hooked up to the hose while running out of the water. Also, make sure that you're getting the usual amount of oil smoke while idleing...if there is none there is likely still un-mixed gas in the carbs and it wouldn't hurt to pour a little bit more oil down the carb throats.

One last caveat...with a tank of premixed gas, you will be very likely to foul the sparkplugs for the first tank of gas or so. My ultra went through 3 sets during breakin...

Comment

Working...
      X