X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help 97 750 ss

i just went to the lake and my ski wont start ,
    It just started for like 3 minutes and then it would not start
    i went home and took off the flame arrestor and pored some gas and it starts and stays on untill it uses that gas
    why isnt the gas getting to the carb

Yes it has gas and
    the gas dial is on the on position

It wont start even with the choke

HELP

Re: help 97 750 ss

you obviously have a clogged fuel line, fuel petcock (the on selector dial thing) or clogged fuel filter. First things first, check your inline fuel filter, take it out, and dump the fuel out of it (check for water in it) and inspect for debris. Blow through it and see if it's not clogged. If you find its full of crap, replace it.

If its not the fuel filter, check your fuel lines. Disconnect them, blow through all your lines, res, on, return, etc. AND test your fuel petcock, (ie. blow through on with the fuel petcock on, off and res., it should only go through when on) If any line are clogged, either take them off and blow compressed air through them, or replace them worse case scenario. Also, there should be a one-way check valve vent line coming off the gas tank that lets air in but not out. Take it out and blow test it, make sure you put it back in the correct way!

Last step is to check your carbs internal fuel filter. Im not sure its where it is in kawasakis, but Im pretty sure its there. Check for debris, (its around the size of your top pinky segment) and either clean it with compressed air, or replace it.

Comment

Re: help 97 750 ss

thanks i did replace the filters in the tank all lines are clear still wont start the only one i havent done is the internal one in the carb also the valve that lets air in the tank It lets air in and out

Comment

Working...
      X