Old white standup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old white standup

So>I can fix an STS-750 no problem! And somebody is begging me to fix their 440. Where do you put the hose? And where is the >never mind we found the starter. What is that unscrewable cap on the engine front cover? Plugs compression fuel ratio 30/50? something I think. Are these things safe? Do they float?

Re: Old white standup

uh.... what? Are you saying compression is 30/50? that means you need a rebuild, it should be 150/150. The screw cap is for gas...

Some standups dont come with a flush kit installed stock. If theres no quick connect/hose plug in then you need to buy a flush kit and install it.

Do they float? You tell me, your looking at the ski, if you wanna leave it in overnight and test your luck, its up to you, but ski's are designed to stay out of the water. Just be sure to moniter it when you put it in, and check the water level every 15 at first, then 30, and so on.

Are they safe? Are you a good driver is the better question. They're as safe as you know how to drive it. Fun, but like any vehicle is dangerous in an inexperienced or ignorant person's control.

Comment

The commpression is 135//140 and we went with 40/1 gas/oil. Seems to run pretty good and the BRES9's work the best but I've found that champions work real well if a ski tends to foul plugs like my 750.

Comment

Originally posted by K6jet
        he screw cap is for gas...
        WHOA! The little black cap on the front of the engine is NOT for gas it is a timing portal for the flywheel. Don't put any liquid in there. The little black cap on the nose of the ski....now thats for gas! :emoticoni

Your compression is good! Fuel/oil mixture is right on. The plugs should be BR8ES plugs but you can run 9's it's just a colder plug and can cause damage. It all depends on the mods. One little hint here..... If there is not a bilge pump, install one.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Timing Portal:o Thank You Kermit:emoticonc How do I time it? How do I hook up a hose.? And what does fogging the motor mean?

Comment

woops, my bad, yea... that wouldnt be good to put gas in there...

Comment

I believe the cap is there so you can ocasionally spray-lube the starter gear.
              They did away with it on newer engines, so presumably that lube isn't really necessary.

To adjust the timing you need to remove the front cover / flywheel and turn the stator. Hope you dont need to!

Comment

The cap IS for using a timing light - it's just an inspection hole.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank You George and Tech Support. Not making a mistake is ever soo important. Thank you all:emoticonw I am getting love for getting four Jet Ski's on the water. (love is like a ufanisum or something so dont run with it) Bye bye:emoticons

Comment

Working...
                  X