Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how hard is it to clean a 97 ss carb

how hard is it to clean a 97 ss carb need help
    As long as i dont touch the needles can i remove the carb clean or replace the internal filter and put it back ?
    Should it start?

I also see an oil line that goes to the carb can this be removed or should i try to clean the carb without removing this?

Last
    does oil go bad after a while(about a year)like gas and does it cloges the oil lines?

sorry for all the Qs I just dont want to mess up

Re: how hard is it to clean a 97 ss carb

just to check the filter isnt that hard. First off, take a picture of your ski, you may thin you know how to put it together, but it you get unto trouble you'll thank yourself later. Next, there should be three fuel lines leading to your carb, make sure you know which goes where, and take them off, and elevate the so that gas doesnt come out of them. You need to take off the oil lines too, because trying to take it apart with lines all over it isnt pratical, just mark the lines with tape or whatever, and take them off and elevate them. Now, one of the fuel lines that went into your carb should of said pulse somewhere on it or on the carb, this line leads from the engine to the carb, not from the fuel petcock or fuel filter like the other two. Take off the plate that the pulse line connects too, (take pictures of construction so you dont screw it up) and the fuel filter should be somewhere in there, the width of a sharpie, and the length of your top pinkie segment (may be a little different).

If you know what carb you have, (example, Mikuni SBN, Keihen, Mikuni I) then go to SBT's main page, click on technical, and go to installation guides, and scroll all the way down. Click on whatever carb you have (Im guessing a Mikuni SBN/I) it is adobe formatted guide, with loads of pics, and tells you how to fully dissassemble and re-assemble a carb. Although you shouldnt do this, because if you do, you'll need a carb rebuild kit! (most gaskets are one time use)

Oil doesnt go bad, but gas does, and if it was a year and a half, you need to remove the fuel tank, and get rid of the fuel, and clean out the tank.

Comment

Re: how hard is it to clean a 97 ss carb

Kawasaki.... I'll bet it's a Keihin CDK or CDK II
      John Kubiak
      Powersports Technical Training Professional
      Las Vegas, Nevada
      Sea-Doo Tech 13736
      PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
      PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
      NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
      Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X