Carburetor Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor Advise

Hi I have just acquired a 1994 Kawasaki SS Xi 750cc jet ski. The previous owner had not run the ski in at least a year. Drained the tank as it smelled of bad gas. I want to get the fuel system in perfect working order before even attempting to crank it. (He says that it ran fine the last time it was in the water.)

Tonight I pulled the carbs off(CDK II's) and installed a primer kit. I decided to pull the high and low jets and they looked fine. I pulled the regulator off one carb and found varnish and dried up powdered gas inside. The needle was stuck in the seat. Everything looks fine in there, just needs a cleaning out as he said it was rebuilt just before he parked it for good.

The regulator diaphram is 'wrinkled' at the bottom. Is this still a good diaphram?

I noticed that the original Keihin regulator diaphram has a nice ring around the outside whereas the aftermarket ones are flat (as mine is).
    My second question is: Is there a difference in aftermarket versus brand rebuild kits?

Should pop off pressure be checked even though boat is stock and was running fine the last time it was out?

Should I go back to SBT advised stock carb settings, or the ones on the carb already? (the low jets were outside the SBT setting range)

Thanks
    Thomas

Re: Carburetor Advise

Shouldn't High and Low needles be the same amount of turns out on both carbs?

Both carbs had High 1 turn out but one had 1/2 out on Low while the other had 1 turn out on Low.

Firing her up tonight, please let me know, don't want to run lean.

Comment

Re: Carburetor Advise

No, each carb can be and most often is slightly different.All tuning specs are +/- 1/4 turn.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X