pump housing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pump housing question

Hello again, I was wondering if any one has heard of the metal wear ring in the pump housing expanding inward and shrinking the inside diamiter of the wear ring. I recently bought another 900zxi that had been sitting for two years with a blown motor. I took the pump off to inspect its components and found the impeller had rusted itself to the wear ring. Unfortunately having to use an impact to remove the impeller luckily with no damage to it. I lightly sanded away the rust and attempted to fit a stock impeller i had. When it would not install I measured the inside diameter and it was less than specified in the oem service manual. thus the prop wouldnt fit.
    My question is has anyone ever heard of this before seems strange to me.
    My rides:
    1995 Kawasaki Zxi 900
    Beach house sponsons, OP ride plate/Intake grate and an R&D scoop grate for ocean Swirl Impeller.
    1999 xp limited (just got it Mods in progress)
    Decked 1996 Seadoo HX (cya at the races)
    1995 Seadoo SP x 2 (ones a parts boat)
    1990 Seadoo GT
    1991 Kawasaki 550 sx Stand up
    Intake grate, Ride plate, Impellers, custom paint job, and other goodies
    Riding Spots:
    Lakes and ocean in washington state and California

Re: pump housing question

Very common on Kawasaki pumps. It is the action of the corrosion process getting between the liner and the pump housing. More common on salt water skis.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
    X