Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance

well, i called yesterday about maintenance for my 03 stxr. It was a new guy in the parts department. I asked how often (according to hours) should i bring it in for maintenance and how much should it cost. I also told him its under warranty. He said that warranty doesn't cover maintenance (duh), and i don't need to get it maintenanced until something is wrong with it (yeah right) He said just check in my manuel. Well, we all know and my manuel says plain as day change plugs after 25 hours.

I don't want to void any warranties (i haven't looked over mine), but does anyone know if i have to prove maintenance to keep my warranty (5 year warranty) (i'll check what the warranty says)

Also, if i do change my plugs myself i was reading that they have to be torqued to a certain spec. Do i have to have a special tool? If so what about a link to it? Thanks.

Re: Maintenance

bump

Comment

Originally posted by jol102001

Also, if i do change my plugs myself i was reading that they have to be torqued to a certain spec. Do i have to have a special tool? If so what about a link to it? Thanks.

and bump

Comment

anyone?

Comment

For the plugs, just buy a torque wrench. Sears has them, or you could borrow one for a small deposit from autozone. The other way is to tighten them a 1/4 - 1/2 turns pst the point that the washers contact the head.

I would call up the dealer and speak to a manager if you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by addicted
            The other way is to tighten them a 1/4 - 1/2 turns pst the point that the washers contact the head.
            a friend told me to do it like this also... i'm guessing everyone does it like this?

Comment

pretty much. If you wrench on engines for a while you bacome a human torque wrench :emoticonc

Comment

Working...
              X