How does an 1100 breathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does an 1100 breathe?

I fully understand the principles behind how an internal combustion engine works. I own Nitro R/C cars that are two stroke, and I also have owned many cars, so I know the difference in how 2 and 4 stroke engines work. But what I can not seem to find is where my 1100stx gets it air from. I know where the carb is, but I see no air filters to purify the incoming oxygen. Is there not an organized intake system that incorporates a filter of any type?

Thank you in advance for any help.
    -Sgt Shaun Finch USMC

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
    :beer-Benjamin Franklin

Re: How does an 1100 breathe?

I believe the thinking is that there really isnt any dust on the water so you really dont need an air filter.
    FS: 1999 XP Limited 0 hours on new top end and rebuilt carbs!!!

Comment

Exactly. PWC don't have or need an actual filter.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The air comes in by a series of ducts under the seat and in the steering tower. It does not need a filter or ducting like a car because there is no dirt on water, and the radiant heat from the engine isn't that bad. All we need is a flame arrestor so that if a backfire occurs through the carb(s) any fuel vapors will be less likely to explode under you.

Comment

Thank you. I kinda figured that the "cleanliness" of water was the idea behind a filterless intake, but I just wanted to make sure I was doing a complete PM. Makes perfect sense now. And I see the ducts in the steering tower, as well as under the seat.
          -Sgt Shaun Finch USMC

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
          :beer-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X