ZXI 900 stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZXI 900 stalls

I need some help with a zxi 900, completely stock. It will run hard at full throttle, without a sputter for about 15-20 seconds then cut out completely dead...no sputter, no stutter, just cut off. No warning lights come on, but there is very little water flow through the check port. The motor will restart immediately after cutting out, burble, then die. It will restart then run strong back to shore (at this point I am 200-300 yards offshore). It ran fine the weekend before, was flushed and put away. There is alot of water coming from the exhuast pipe hose connection point but as the hose routes through the hull it runs into a switch of sorts that has wires that terminate in the brain box. The water flow is very light after that same switch to the check port line and out the checkport. The motor is not hot and seems normal. It floods pretty easily now. It did have a hard time starting the begining of the day and when I finally did get it started, alot of fuel/oil came pouring out the exhuast outlet at the back of the hull while it ran... I felt it was a carburation issue, but the way it cut off seems like a safety cutoff of sorts as it lets me run back to shore or "limp" like on 2 cylinders sometimes when I keep trying it...HELPPPPPP any experience with this problem anyone?

Re: ZXI 900 stalls

if there is alot of gas and oil coming out of the exhaust you might have a busted diafram either in one or more of your carbs or a busted one in the fuel pump itself,but when its a the fuel pump most of the time its very hard to start and it will use massive amounts fuel.try start it on the trailer and just see how much come out if it is massive your more likely looking at one of these problems also using the trailer to check it is easyer the water.
    Has someone been into your carbs lately?

Comment

Re: ZXI 900 stalls

Aloha and thanks for the info, sounds very possible that might be the problem, hard starting, easily flooded, I will check those items out, have you experienced this before? What are the chances of this, is it very common in your opinion, in other words, should I replace all of the diaphrams, not just a problem one?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X