Newbie, I need some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie, I need some opinions

Just picked up a 99 Kaw ZXI 1100, I have ridden many jet skis however never had one myself. I am a motocross guy, however I am really looking forward to summer now. What are your opinions of this ski, and what are somethings to look out for mechanically. It has very low hours and is in exellent shape. Thanks in advance.

Re: Newbie, I need some opinions

Also what type of speed should I expect out of this stock, I think Ill wait for mods until next winter. At least this is my plan now, I can never leave anything stock.

Comment

I'd buy a ride plate right now, maybe an intake grate,too. These hulls porpoise like crazy and need some help to settle down. I had a 900 and it was WAY more fun to ride after a new grate. Check Denniskirk.com for starters.

Bodean

Comment

Cool thanks for the info, actually I have 3 of the Kaws. So maybe Ill go ahead and mod one of them.:) Anyone else have any opinions?

Comment

My uncle is a motorcycle dealer and I am going to talk to him to see what kinda jet ski stuff he can get from his suppliers. Much cheaper that way also.

Comment

Top speed around 57mph. First mods for your ski should be a set of Worx sponsons and an extended turn nozzle. They will make a huge difference in the ride. A Worx intake grate is supposed to be the best one for this ski according to Performance Engineering, its what I installed last summer along with a Skat-Trak impeller.

Comment

Ok, what do these parts run and where can I find them. For now I am only going to modify one of the skis. I was actually looking at a R&D intake grate are they any good?

Comment

I have a 900zxi with an R&D ride plate and intake grate...doesn't doo too bad on porp. by myself...but with 2 ppl on a windy day it gets to hoppin....but if u slow it down and then back to full throttle it stops......I love it...I get around 53 outta mine roughly....or around there......I love it....a very good machine..and i always trust mine.....very reliable......and how much would a nozzle and sponsens do for me?

Comment

The sponsons should help you slightly more with the porposing problem, The extended Nozzle will also help with porposing more so than the sponson's. The biggest difference you will note however is in the handling, The sponsons when set aggresively make this boat carve pretty good if you put your weight in the right place. *note the sponsons may reduce your top speed slightly although i noticed no differemce when i put them on mine.
                  My rides:
                  1995 Kawasaki Zxi 900
                  Beach house sponsons, OP ride plate/Intake grate and an R&D scoop grate for ocean Swirl Impeller.
                  1999 xp limited (just got it Mods in progress)
                  Decked 1996 Seadoo HX (cya at the races)
                  1995 Seadoo SP x 2 (ones a parts boat)
                  1990 Seadoo GT
                  1991 Kawasaki 550 sx Stand up
                  Intake grate, Ride plate, Impellers, custom paint job, and other goodies
                  Riding Spots:
                  Lakes and ocean in washington state and California

Comment

How much fast would an impellar make my 900 run....it goes ab out 53 now..with intake grate, and Ride plate..thats the only thing I know thats Aftermarket!

Comment

Working...
                    X