1999 Kawasaki 1100 STX engine swapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Kawasaki 1100 STX engine swapp

I am performing an engine swap on my ski with a premimum SBT engine.

I want to know that when I remove the oil pump and replace with the block off plate, how do you get the LCD screen to stop telling you, you need oil since the tank will be showing empty?

I aslo would like any advise on anything else that should be swapped out while I have this engine out.

Thanks,
    Jason

Re: 1999 Kawasaki 1100 STX engine swapp

You jump or splice the two sending wires going into the oil tank, together.
    There is nothing that typically needs replacing, just inspect everything for damage.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

This might be a stupid question, but are there more than just two wires going into the oil tank. If so, do you know what colors I need to splice together?Thanks for the fast responses.

Jason

Comment

Hey Jason,

You can also pull out the sending unit in the tank and put a zip tie on the shaft holding the sensor up, that is assuming you still have the tank in the ski. It's also nicer this way because your not cutting any wires. If the tank was removed, then connect the wires together. And yes, there should only be two.

Comment

I just pulled my sender out and clamped it out to about a half a tank was showing on the gage and let it set in the hall and removed the oil tank but I would like to know what wires to jumper just so that might become a ebay idem

Comment

The two wires that go to the oil sender unit. Just cut off the connector head and then connect the wires together with a butt joint connector
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
            X