Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem?

I just topped off the battery in the ski and the problem is that it wont even turn over. I can hear a clicking coming from the box above the Impeller shaft, I am not familar with jet skis, I have worked on everything else. I am not really sure what this box is, I know it has a 12V 8guage wire going to it, and also a wire going to the starter from it but the clicking is coming from it. To me it seems the like the starter is just not working but... Any ideas? The ski is a 99 Kaw ZXI 1100 Thanks

Re: Problem?

Ok I got it to crank over:emoticonn

Comment

Kawasaki calls that box your electrical case. Many people just call it the electronic black box. Inside that box are many electrical parts that start your ski and keep it running. The piece with the heavy gauge wire from the battery and to the starter is called a starter switch in the Kawasaki diagram, also known as a starter solenoid or starter relay.

Glad to hear you got the ski running but consider the clicking as a warning. The next time it fails may be out on the water. Now is the time to buy a manual and start learning or start saving for the big bill for the dealer repair.

You might just need to clean up all the connections. Or you may need to replace the solenoid. You definitely need a manual if you would like to try any repairs, it will pay for itself the first time you use it.
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
      Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

Ya I have a manual on order, The ski sat since nov 04. I for sure need a manual to learn about the ski. I am a aircraft mechanic so I know how to work of things, I am just new to Jet Skis. I did a little trouble shooting and found the the pos. wire on the starter had a very loose conection. I tightened it down and wallla.:emoticont

Comment

Working...
        X