Kadiag question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kadiag question?

I used the Kadiag software today for the first time on my 2001, 1100 STX DI.
    I had a new engine install at 287 hours and a new EMM at 293 hours.
    When I used the Kadiag, during the diagnostic session it showed two codes.
    The codes were 16 and 17. The codes were shown to have happen at the 277 hours and the total time was 278.
    I only have 417 hours showing on my hour meter. The new engine should show only 140 hours. Why does the Kadiag showing 287 hours?
    The codes suggest something wrong with fly wheel and crank sensor. The engine runs seems to be running okay. The problem that I recently had was water in the gas.

Re: Kadiag question?

One thing I've noticed is that the EMM hours shown when using the KADIAG diagnostics, does not match the hours shown on the LCD display. Mine is off by 4 hours. I don't know why that is. The reason why the EMM shows that time is because when it's replaced, the data is copied from the old one to the new one. There is no way to change it. I presume this prevents people from selling a unit with low hours by just replacing the EMM. As far as the codes go, I assume the dealer didn't clear them back when they replaced the EMM & engine. I would clear them and see what happens. I've had a code 16 before and replaced the CPS to fix it, but it could also be the EMM which makes sense in your case.
    2001 Kawasaki STX1100 DI (w/GroupK Stage 1)<br />1997 Sea-Doo GSX<br />2004 Kawasaki SX-R

Comment

Working...
    X